The voice of rural child health
The aims and objectives of the Australian Paediatric Society are to provide a comprehensive representation on issues that pertain to rural and regional child health and welfare.
As such the APS aims to
- advocate for rural children on issues related to their health and service delivery at a local, regional, rural and national level.
- Provide a collegiate and supportive structure for regional paediatricians and their partners and other general paediatricians who share similar professional issues.
- Advance public education and awareness of the science and practice of paediatrics, child health and welfare of children in rural and regional centres.
- Form collaborative relationships with other organisations involved in rural child health and welfare.
- Provide education and professional development to its members.